Sunday, January 25, 2009

1354.Pushker Awasthi......Gujarat and Narmada Posted on Tuesday, September 04, 2007 at 9:52:59 AM

I have read some one post who wanted me to say some thing about Narmada issue. I am not an authority in that matter nor I am some political commentator. I am some one who is a concern Indian and who strongly believes that whole matter was blown out of proportion. Narmada Issue is an sensitive issue for Gujarati people and they have shown their resentment but to drag this thing along, doesn't make sense to me at all! Aamir Khan made comment which is reasonable that every displaced person should be compensated before they are displaced and he was lead to believe, as I believed it too, that Govt. been insensitive and they been not compensated but now things are over and I haven't heard him say again any thing in support of them or against the Narmada Project. So its high time Gujarat political goons should not inflame the sentiment of Gujarati public against him in this matter and I SINCERELY REQUEST TO THE PEOPLE OF GUJARAT TO BE TOLERANT AND SHOW SOME KIND OF COMPASSION AND FORGIVE AND FORGET THE WHOLE ISSUE. I also appeal Mr. Modi to be more forthright and be large hearted in this matter, as he been to us when we deal him in regular basis. I know you are sensitive too and you have deep distrust with fly by night assented 5 star political commentators but then Aamir Khan doesn't belong to that club. Hope some sanity prevails and things end up to logical end.

No comments:

Post a Comment