Thursday, January 22, 2009

1163.Pushker ...Thorn Bird & Karna Posted on Saturday, September 01, 2007 at 3:18:57 PM

Hello fellow blogers I was just going through the recent posts regarding Thorn Bird and Karana, its an interesting idea to talk about it. I have read Thorn Bird and I have watched the TV serial of the same name where Richard Chamberlain dons the role of the Priest. The character is a tormented one and I do agree with others that Aamir will do full justice to that role. The agony of love and the conflict with faith will be well understood and excuted by his body language and eyes. He is at the right age to execute the top of the form performance as a Priest. Only trouble is who will be the director to handle him? Yash Chopra could have done it but he stuck up in candy flog scenario and that I think will dilute the whole thing. This kind of movie is to be dealt sensitively and by some one who can feel a bleeding heart. Guru Dutt, Vijay Anand and even Raj Kapoor were the masters for such kind of movies. In recent time Pradeep Sarkar fits the bill who can handle this character. Pradeep Sarkar has directed Parneeta in recent time and he did a brilliant job but then I think, let him come up with another movie and then lets see if he can prove himself again or not..As far Karna is concern I do agree Aamir will be a wonderfull choice for this role but it has to be a central role, story should unfolds through Karna 's eyes itself but Sanajy Bansali is a very wrong choice as a director for this movie, if its ever ever made. I dont rate very high Sanjay Bansali and I will reserve my opinion till his latest 'Sawaria' is released. I know many people will not agree with me but I have a reason for that. The first and the foremost reason is that he has yet to make an original great movie. His 'Khamoshi a Musical' was a good effort and partly brilliant , he is always brilliant with his technique and camera work, but Hum Dil Dchuke Sanam was inspired from Woh Sat Din ,a damn good movie, Anil Kapoor, Naseerudin Shah and Padmini Kolhapuri played the central role which later played by Salman Khan, Ajay Devgan and Aishwarya Rai. Next came Devdas which was a remake again but it was in Opera style and this killed some of the sprit of the movie and then be made Black which is another remake and some how I m not able remember the movies name(The Miracle Worker?), its an English black and white movie where instead of Male Teacher there is a Female teacher and he borrowed the whole environment of convent and church into it. If he been such a great creator then he should have placed the same story in different environment but he was not sure of himself so I dont think he will do justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment